A new initiative is being launched in Ballymena in a bid to cut down on the threat of online crime against businesses.
Organised by Ballymena BID and Ballymena Borough Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the event comes as cases of cybercrime become particularly prevalent.
New online crime figures revealed that £13 million was lost by people in Northern Ireland last year through fraud, including cybercrime.
The specially commissioned survey to mark Get Safe Online Day showed that 22 per cent of people in Northern Ireland said they had a limited understanding of the risks they face when going online, with 94 per cent admitting they were somewhat or very concerned about their online safety and security. Meanwhile, 94 per cent also said they felt online crime was as damaging, or more damaging, than physical crime.
Worryingly, the GSO survey also found that of the 50 per cent of people who said they had been a victim of cybercrime, 53 per cent said they felt like there was nothing that could be done.
Speakers at Ballymena the event will include Chief Inspector Dougie Grant, who will discuss the most up to date information on cyber crime, as well as Chief Superintendent Chris Noble.
The seminar takes place on Thursday, November 10 from 7.30am - 9am at the Adair Arms Hote. BID and Chamber members can attend free of charge, whilst non-members will be charged £10.
A full Irish breakfast will be provided. You can confirm your attendance to Chris Wales at email@example.com or by calling 07876 758797.