A man in a critical condition in hospital after an apparent ‘choking’ incident in a restaurant is understood to be from Ballymena.
It is understood he was taken ill at the Ramore restaurant complex in Portrush on Friday night.
Emergency services were called to the venue following reports a man was unconscious.
A Northern Ireland Ambulance Service spokesman said: “There was an obstruction in the airway.
“The crew arrived and cleared the airway.
“They got him round and brought him to Causeway Hospital.”
A spokeswoman for the Northern Health and Social Care Trust said the man remained in a critical condition in the Causeway Hospital.
The Ramore Wine Bar has declined to comment on the incident.