A fire at Church Street in Ballymena on Monday night, April 25, is not being treated as suspicious by police, a PSNI spokesperson has confirmed.
Two fire appliances from Ballymena Fire Station were tasked to the scene after receiving a call at around 6pm of a report of a fire in the area.
A NI Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Firefighters using a covering jet and a dry powder extinguisher dealt with a wheelie bin on fire, which subsequently spread to a nearby shop. Damage was caused to the rear of the shop as a result of the incident.
“A gas leak was isolated by contractors, with the area cordoned off to the public as a precaution. A gas reading registering zero was also carried out. Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service finished at the scene at 7:14pm.”