Antrim and Newtownabbey Council recently launched its Corporate Improvement Plan for 2016-17, setting out a list of key objectives for improving the borough.
The document details what the council will do in the year ahead to deliver on its statutory duty to secure continuous improvement.
Linked to the council’s vision as set out in its Corporate Plan for 2015-2030, eight key objectives have been identified for the year ahead. They are:
• We will provide a welcoming, attractive and safe environment by improving the level of cleanliness of the roads and streets across our borough.
• We will minimise waste through the adherence of Government and European Union targets.
• We will achieve excellence in customer service through maximising technology and our standards of customer care.
• We will support a more active, healthy and empowered community through effective partnership working and an investment programme in our leisure, sport, play park and recreation facilities.
• We will maximise tourism opportunities and have a strong arts and cultural economy, through working in partnership to deliver showcase events and enhancing the visitor experience.
• We will improve the physical environment of our borough and work with partners to deliver town and village regeneration.
• We will seek to encourage and support those who wish to start their own business and we will strengthen and grow the business case of the borough.
• We will be at the forefront of good governance and make the best use of our resources through innovative practices and strong financial arrangements.
Launching the plan, Mayor John Scott commented: “It is important that the council keeps residents up to date with what the plans are for the future. The new Corporate Improvement Plan demonstrates our commitment to ongoing continuous improvements to our services and how we work.”
Hard copies of the plan are available by calling Helen Hall on 028 90340083. Copies can also be downloaded from www.antrimandnewtownabbey.gov.uk/Council/Performance