County Antrim’s The Dark Hedges is one of the 12 best road trips in the UK and Ireland according to a new online guide launched to celebrate the nation’s love of the open road and driving for fun.
Encouraging drivers to put their tyres to the test, the Continental Road Trip guide consists of 12 scenic routes across areas of outstanding natural beauty.
The A686 is one of the 12 best road trips in the UK and Ireland according to a new online guide launched to celebrate the nation’s love of the open road and driving for fun.
Here is the full list of road trips featured in Continental Tyres’ guide:
1. A82 Glencoe – Lanarkshire and Dunbarton, Scotland
2. The Wild Atlantic Way – Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Limerick, Kerry and Cork, Ireland
3. Black Mountain Pass – Powys and Monmouthshire, Wales
4. Buttertubs Pass – Yorkshire, England
5. The Evo Triangle – Denbighshire, Conwy and Gwynedd, Wales
6. A686 from Penrith to Haydon Bridge – Cumbria and Northumberland, England
7. The Snake Pass – Cheshire and Yorkshire, England
8. The Dark Hedges – County Antrim, Northern Ireland
9. Cheddar Gorge – Somerset, England
10. The Wicklow Mountains – Wicklow, Carlow, Wexford and Dublin, Ireland
11. Abergwesyn Pass - Powys, Wales
12. Bealach Na Ba – Wester Ross, Scotland