Ballymena and Provincial League results


Division One

FC Whiteabbey 2, Antrim Rovers 1: Whiteabbey took the lead after Conor Mullen scored on the 9th minute the added a second goal when Ryan O’Neil scored on the 17th minute.

Whiteabbey had the best of the wind advantage in the first-half but failed to add to their score before half-time.

Antrim had the wind advantage in the second half but they found as Whiteabbey did it was a hindrance at times. Antrim got back into the game after Darryl McNeil scored on the 65th minute but try as they did they could not get the second goal.

Cookstown Rbl 0, Ballyclare Comrades Res 9: A brace of goal scored by James McMillan saw the Comrades take a two goal lead early in the first-half. Curtis Woods added a third goal before goals from Kyle Woods and Curtis Dempster saw the Comrades five clear at half-time. Two more goals scored by Curtis Dempster to complete his hat-trick saw the Comrades seven goals in front before James McMillan completed his hat-trick followed by Kyle Wood scoring his second goal in the game.

Division Two

Wakehurst Strollers 1, Larne Olympic 2: The ball certainly travelled well on the 3g pitch and Wakehurst took full advantage of this taking the lead after Philip Cunningham scored on the 6th minute. After this Wakehurst had the benefit of the wind behind them but at half-time still had only one goal in the game.

The second half saw Larne with the wind advantage but like Wakehurst they found it difficult to get a clear chance at goal. Things changed on the 81st minute when the Wakehurst keeper was penalised resulting in Sean McGoran scoring the resulting penalty for Larne. Both teams then went for the winner which went to Larne when Jonathan McManus scored on the 84th minute.

Ballyclare North End 0, Remo FC 2: Both teams did their best to overcome the wintry conditions but as far as chances around the goals nothing much happened and at half-time no goals had been scored. A similar pattern of play followed in the second half until Dylan Lemahaul scored on the 72nd minute putting Remo into the lead. North End had to chase the game then got caught when Steve Brady ran in to score a second goal for Remo on the 85th minute.

Division Three

Antrim Rovers Swifts 5, KCC Athletic 2: The pitch at the forum was in good condition allowing the game to go ahead. KCC went in front after Matthew Grainger scored on the 15th minute the Matthew Montgomery equalised for the Swifts on the 26th minute.

Matthew Grainger scored his second goal in the game on the 35th minute putting KCC in front for a second time. As half-time was approaching Matthew Montgomery scored his second goal putting the Swifts back level on the 39th minute.

The Swifts had the upper hand in the second half scoring three goals from Charlie O’Grady 65th minute and a brace from James Stewart on the 75th and 83rd minutes.