United under-13s maintain unbeaten run in Fermanagh

Ballymena United captain Alan Jenkins who visited the members of Ballymena United Youth Academy on Saturday. INBT40-234AC
Ballymena United captain Alan Jenkins who visited the members of Ballymena United Youth Academy on Saturday. INBT40-234AC

The highlight of another busy Saturday for Ballymena United Youth Academy was a hard earned away win for the under 13s maintaining their 100% record in Enniskillen.


BUYA 12, Ballymoney 0: A flawless performance from a vastly improving under 11 team saw hat-tricks from Lewis Tennant, Timmy McClure and Mark Lowry, and only the post prevented Adam Millar from completing another. The lively Calum Douglas completed the scoring. MOM - Mark Lowry.


In the non competitive Subway National League the under 12’s again faced one of the province’s top sides again in Greenisland. It has been a steep learning curve for this age group but as usual a number of boys acquitted themselves well and put in the effort and commitment. Kyle Neill had a good game as did Robbie Gilchrist and Adam Steel.


Enniskillen Rangers 1, BUYA 2: The long journey seemed to affect Ballymena who made a slow start before Sean McAllister was upended in the box when about to score Ballymena were awarded a penalty which Bradley McCartney slotted home.The away side should have added to that lead but did not convert any of the created chances.

Ballymena doubled their lead in the second half through a Lewis Mearns finish from inside the box before Enniskillen deservedly pulled a goal back with a speculative effort.

Lisburn League result: BUYA U-13 5, Greenisland 2.


BUYA 2, Foyle Harps 4: Ballymena took the lead after a free kick from Sam Robinson to Pat Shivers who flicked it onto Robbie McGaughey who fired in a shot which ricocheted off the Foyle player.

Ballymena could not hold the lead in another bizarre twist, Foyle scored by way of an own goal after Ballymena failed to clear the lines.

As the game became something of a game of attrition in the centre of the park, Foyle got their second with more nervous Ballymena defending which left them an easy goal from a tap in from close range.

In the second half, the midfield of Danny Louw, Connor Meneely, Kieran O’Boyle and Conleth McGuckian were now getting to grips with the Foyle players and began opening up passes to the strikers.

On 47 minutes, Ballymena got the equaliser, with a well taken corner, after a bit of ping pong in the box, Sean McKay latched onto the loose ball and hammered home the equaliser but the Derry side went on to win.


BUYA 1, Ballymoor 1: United took the lead when a never say die attitude from striker Andrew Smith led to him gathering a spill from the keeper to rifle in for his fifth of the season in only three games.

Working along with striking partners, Stephen McColgan and Jack Millar, United always looked dangerous moving forward, McColgan with a few long range efforts and Millar hitting the post.


Ballymoor 0, Ballymena United 2: Ballymoor missed a good chance to take the lead before Jack Walshe out muscled a Ballymoor defender and his low cross was converted at the back post by Luke Stockman.

Ballymena created further chances and Jack Walshe got the goal his hard work deserved with a neat finish.


Result: Ballymena United 0, Carniny Youth 0.