Hat-tick heroes are out in force for Carniny Youth Teams

Carniny Youth U-13 squad ready for their weekend match at Ballykeel against Portadown. INBT 31-857H
Carniny Youth U-13 squad ready for their weekend match at Ballykeel against Portadown. INBT 31-857H
Share this article

The weekend started off well for the club last week when The U12s continued their good form with a 4-1 win over Carnmoney courtesy of a Dom Pajaczek hat trick on Friday night up in Belfast.

The U17s also had a Friday night win up in Coleraine coming out tops by the odd goal in seven. The U10 Amateurs certainly knew how to find the goal with a hat trick each from Leon Graham, Sam Magee and Cormac McMullan.

Their U10 Youth counterparts weren’t so lucky losing their game against Coleraine Academy. The U13s fought out an exciting game against Portadown Youth but ran out of time with their comeback losing out 3-4 in the end. The U11 Youth team also lost out to Larne Youth in the Lisburn Youth league.

The Under 11 Amateurs, 14s, 15s and 19s all had a ‘free’ week.

Under 10s: Carniny Youth 1 – 5 Coleraine Academy: Carniny started this game very well and playing some great football and this was rewarded when Cameron Moody reacted quickest during a goal line scramble to put Carniny one up. Coleraine then piled the pressure on and a Coleraine thunderbolt making the score 1-1. Carniny then switched off and three sloppy goals in quick succession saw them go in 4-1 at half time. The second half saw Carniny press Coleraine back but both jack Kennedy and Joel Murray could not beat a very impressive Coleraine keeper. Coleraine scored the only goal of the second half to see the game finish 5-1.

Under 11s : Carniny Youth 0 – 6 Larne Youth

Under 12s: Carniny Youth 4 – 1 Carnmoney FDC: The U12’s profited from a mix up to slot home an easy finish.

The Reds proved to be too much for Carnmoney in the end as two subs got on the score sheet.

Under 13s: Carniny Youth 3 – 4 Portadown Youth: Carniny had a job on their hands against a very strong Portadown side that had only lost once this season.

With only 10 minutes gone Carniny gave themselves an uphill task when they failed to clear the ball from a corner. Simpson and Lamont were doing a great job on a big strong Portadown striker. Mark Winters was brought in at left back and shut out any threat from the right. Hamilton, White and Robinson chased tirelessly in midfield. Hunter and Lynn posed a danger from the wings.

From a Lynn cross it was James Holland who got the equaliser when his header was judged to be over the line.

The first half finished 1-1.

With all to play for the second half Carniny let their guard down and the Portadown striker caused more problems, this time getting the better of Simpson and Young and slotting the ball into the net to make it 2-1. More slack defending allowed a free shot at goal to make it 3-1. Portadown then looked to be out of sight at 4-1. To Carniny’s credit their never say die attitude was impressive. Carniny forced a penalty that Jake White put away to make it 4-2. Aidan Graffin then scored the goal of the game with a 20 yard effort that smashed the roof of the net to make it 4-3.

At this stage it was all Carniny. Lynn’s free kick was plucked out of the top corner by the Portadown keeper. Robinson was unlucky from close range. Lynn then put another effort just over the bar.

Adger came on and run the line well, chasing every lost cause.

Debutant Gordon was impressive and Hunter was showing some of his old form after just coming back from injury.

The game finished 4-3 but once again the Carniny boys could not be faulted for their commitment and effort. The boys are competing with the best teams in the league and can hold their heads up high.

Under 17s: Carniny Youth 4-3 Coleraine: Carniny opened the scoring after 20 minutes when Tyrone Balmer hammered a penalty into the Coleraine net giving the goalkeeper no chance.

It was Shane McKernan who doubled Carniny’s advantage when he scored a great goal from outside the penalty area into the far corner of the net.

Rhys O’Mullan fired in a good shot which the Coleraine keeper did well to save but the same player followed up to fire low into the net to leave Carniny leading 3 nil at half time.

In the second half Tyrone Balmer scored with a brilliant left foot volley from the edge of the penalty area to leave the “reds” leading 4 nil. Coleraine then got a goal back after a misunderstanding in the Carniny defence and this seemed to spur on the Coleraine lads who attacked Carniny at every opportunity and pulled their second goal from the penalty spot.

Coleraine got back into the game with their third goal after a corner from the right but Carniny held on.