Months of hard work by event co-ordinator Nigel Kernohan and his committee paid off on Saturday with a hugely successful Billy Kerr Sportive.
Nigel explained: “A total of 270 riders turned out for the sportive, which was being held for the second time in memory of the late Billy Kerr.
The weather was great in the morning and then there were a few showers to cool the riders down! Eaton Park was a great location for the start and finish this year and Jane’s kitchen did a magnificent job with catering for the event. Thanks to Chain Reaction, who sponsored the event and provided goodie bags for all riders, nutrition for the feed stations and mechanical service out on the course.”
Nigel thanked the following people and companies who made the event a success:
* All riders who took part
* Sponsors. Chain Reaction Cycles (main sponsor), Northstone and one other local business who wish to remain anonymous.
* Catering by Jane’s kitchen
* Volunteers - Marshals, First Aiders, Health & Safety, Mechanics, broom wagon, Sign on helpers, feed station helpers and parking attendants
* Neil Kerr for his support.
* Eaton Park staff and the use of their premises.
* Cushendall Boat Club for the use of their premises.
* Glens Cycling Club for helping with duties in the Cushendall area.
* Local newspapers for their excellent pre-event publicity.
* Everybody else who helped.