Northend United U9s and U11s win silverware in Roe Valley Tournament

U11s - Roe Valley Tournament Shield Winners. INBT 34- NORTHEND 1
U11s - Roe Valley Tournament Shield Winners. INBT 34- NORTHEND 1

It was off to a winning start for a number of the Northend United Youth teams at the pre-season Roe Valley Tournament, held in Limavady on Saturday.


Saturday saw the first competitive games of the new season for Northend United U9s when they travelled to play in a very well organised Roe Valley Tournament.

After defeating Roe Valley Colts in the semi-final stages, the Ballymena Boys found themselves playing Coleraine in the Final and quickly knocked up a 4-0 lead with goals from Lewis Devlin, Daniel Patterson, Euan Pirie and Pearse McAuley.


Roe Valley Tournament

Northend United 1 TWBraga 4: In their first game Northend struggled to found their feet the goalscorer was Jack Adams.

Northend United 4 Ballymoney 1: Northend went in front from a well taken goal by Ryan Campbell but Ballymoney drew level then Northend added 3 more goals from Callum McMurray, Sam Crawford and another from Ryan Campbell.

Northend United 0 Roe Valley 1: Northend should have won this game with the chances they created but fell to a goal in the twenty-first minute when a Northend player knocked the ball into his own net from a corner with the last kick off the ball.

Northend United 1 Bertie Peacock Youth 0 – Shield Semi-Final: Northend put in there best performance against their Coleraine rivals to win by a Sam Crawford single goal but really they should have scored more with this outstanding display.

Northend United 2 Ballymoney 0 – Shield Final: In the second half Northend took control of the game with Kevin Cosgrove pulling the strings in midfield and it was Kevin who set up the first goal when he crossed from the right wing for Callum McMurray to score.

This was followed by the goal of the tournament from Jack Adams when he volleyed home off the crossbar and into the net, to win the shield final.


Northend United 2 Bertie Peacocks 2: It was Graeme Macartney who gave Northend the lead when he latched onto a throughball to plant the ball past the advancing Peacocks keeper.

Into the second half and with a number of substitutes on the pitch, it was Peacocks who drew level.

Northend went back in front again with six minutes of the second half remaining, Peacocks drew level with virtually the last kick of the half.