Strollers come from two down to earn a point

The Wakehurst panel.
The Wakehurst panel.
Share this article

With the weather still being kind good progress was maintained on the League and Cup Competitions on Saturday and hopefully this trend will continue towards the Christmas break.

Intermediate League

Newtowne 3, Chimney Corner 1: Newtowne went in front on the second minute after Ryan twist converted a penalty kick and this goal separated the teams at half-time. Two more goals for Newtowne scored by Paul McIvor and Jonny Duffy on the 60th and 63rd minute put the home side in a strong position. The Corner never gave up the fight getting a goal on the 91st minute when Paul McIntyre scored.

Junior Division One

Desertmartin Swifts 2, Antrim Rovers 3: The Swifts went in front during the 1st minute of play when Steven Cochrane scored but then saw Glenn Vance equalise for the Rovers on the 13th minute. Half-time saw the teams still level then goals scored by Darryl Brammeld and Ryan Gallagher on the 55th and 61st minutes saw the Rovers two goals clear. The Swifts hit back with Gavin Colgan converting a penalty on the 78thminute but try as they did the Swifts could not force the equaliser.

Division Two

Moyola Park Olympic 2, Wakehurst Strollers 2: The Olympic went in front after Steven McGurk converted a penalty on the 20th minute to lead one nil at half-time. Moyola then doubled their advantage when Kevin Loughrey scored on the 51st minute then Paul Gilchrist pulled a goal back for the Strollers on the 65th minute. Time was then running down when Kyle Jackson converted a penalty on the 80th minute to give the teams a point each at the end.

Clough Rangers Athletic 2, Ballynure Old Boys ‘B’ 4: The Old Boys went two goals in front scored by Robert Watson before Bryan Logan pulled a goal back for Clough before half-time. The Old Boys then went two goals clear again with Robert Watson scoring early in the second half before Mark Egerton scored for Clough.

Clough pushed forward for the equaliser but got caught and Robert Watson brought his tally to four goals in the game near
the end.

Division Three

3rd Ballyclare Old Boys 2, Carnlough Swifts 1: It was a very late goal that decided this game in which Carnlough were very unfortunate to take a point from. Half-time saw Carnlough in front thanks to a goal scored by Peter Black on the 30th minute. The Old Boys got back on level terms after Gary Black scored on the 65th minute. The game was then into stoppage time when the Old Boys forced home the winner scored by Conor Ferguson.